Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unexpected Expense

It's hard to believe that with only 8 days before we leave for Ukraine that we found out today (kind of by accident) that we had an additional $2,900 in fees that we will have to pay because Misha is in another region in Ukraine.  My initial response was disbelief.  $3,000 is a big chunk of change and that I could have missed it in our paperwork was hard to believe.  When we would have first read all that stuff, we weren't planning on going to two separate regions so I'm sure I just skimmed right by it.

My next response was how can we do this?  How can we go to Ukraine not really knowing how much money we are going to need?  Then I remembered all that God had done for us and His amazing provision for us.  I'm sorry Lord to be such a doubter.  You do amazing things then I wonder if You can really handle this whole thing.  Please forgive me.  I feel like Israel after you rescued them from Egypt.  I believe You, but please help my unbelief.  

So many things have happened along this journey since we began it at the end of August 2008.  Very high, highs and very low, lows.  We've experienced God's hand of provision in ways we never have before and may never again.  We've seen His hand more clearly than any other time in our lives.  Our kids have grown closer to Him.  We've grown closer to Him.  Our faith has become stronger.

So all that to say...God, I trust You.  We're going to Ukraine in 8 days without a place to stay, without knowing really how much money we need and without even knowing for sure who we will adopt.  Lead...we'll follow.  Speak...we're listening.  

When I think about seeing those two little guys for the first time, my eyes tear up now.  When I look that the pictures, my heart leaps...my sons.  That I will be a daddy again fills me with joy that I can't explain.  I never expected it.  I never dreamed it could happen.  When I see them in real life, I hope I can contain my emotions (at least a little bit).  I don't know how the orphanage workers would react if I melt into sobs (i.e. the "ugly cry"). 

8 days.  Boys, we're coming for you and we love you.  We'll protect you and we'll rescue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment